This is a 2 step process
1. The iPhone needs to be connected to the Olive.
2. The iPhone needs to be paired with the App.
On your iPhone, Open Settings >> Bluetooth
*Note: If Bluetooth isn’t ON, please TURN ON Bluetooth.
Hold the button down on the Olive for 2-3 seconds till you hear a command “pairing” or see a green light blinking on the Olive. This should put the Olive in a pairing mode.
- You will find the Olive listed as an available bluetooth device.
- Click on the Olive name listed. You should hear a command “Your Olive is connected”
- When the connection is complete, the light stops blinking on the Olive.
- Open the Olive Hearing Aid App and follow the on screen instructions.
a. Add your device by clicking on the ‘+’ symbol.
b. Add Olive
c. Since your device is already connected, Click on Next.
d. As stated in the figure below, if you can see the headset icon (pointed by the Red Arrow) in the status bar your Olive is connected and Click “Connect”. If you are using an iPhoneX, the headset icon is not openly visible. You will have to expand the menu options on the top to view the headset icon.
e. DO NOT click on Add yet. Wait. Wait for a pop-up Window. Click "Pair".This should pair your Olive with the App.
*Note: Although the pop-up window should pop-up immediately, in worst case scenarios, it could take as long as 15 seconds. If it fails beyond that, it is possible that the Olive is low on charge, hence the erratic behavior. Charge the Olive and try the process again.
f. Now, Assign a name to your Olive. You could use a name that will help you identify your Olive. For example, your Name, followed by the sticker color.
g. Now your Olive should be paired with the App. You should be able to
see the main window of the App.
Your Olive is now connected to the iPhone and paired with the Olive App.
Reconnecting to Olive after power off/charging.
*Note: You don't need to connect with the Olive App every time you want to use the Olive. You only to need to re-connect if you wish to change the Volume or Equalizer settings.
The Olive will remain connected to your phone until its turned off or placed in its dock. To reconnect the Olive back afterwards, please follow these steps:
The Olive will remain paired to your iPhone after power off or charging, but it will be disconnected to preserve its battery.
The following shows how to connect an Olive to an already paired and powered ON:
1. Open the Olive App.
2. Since you have already signed in before, the App should open up to the "Add your Device" window.
3. When you "Add your Device", it should list your Olives.
4. If your Olive is turned ON, click on your Olive in the list shown, your Olive should pair with the App.
Now you can use the App to control the volume and Equalizer settings.